OCALI has developed "Parent Packaged Materials" in collaboration with the Autism Society of Ohio, and with funding from the Ohio Department of Education, Office for Exceptional Children (OEC). These materials are designed specifically for use by parents and parent groups across the state of Ohio. The intent is that parent group leaders use these materials as they provide training during their meetings.
Each Parent Package (zipped file) includes:
- An overview of the topic
- A PowerPoint presentation with speaking notes embedded
- A handout with the notes for the speaker
- A handout of the PowerPoint presentation for participants, and
- Questions to guide a follow-up discussion
Some of the Parent Packages also include:
- Additional reference documents
- Documents for activities for session participants
OCALI works with a broad network of professionals in Ohio; if the parent group leader would like a more experienced presenter to deliver the content, OCALI staff will try to connect the support group with someone in the region who might be willing to present the content.
For more information, please contact Donna Owens, Family and Adult Services Administrator, 614-410-0381, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.