Weaving the UDL Framework with Specially Designed Instruction: A Beautiful Tapestry
Click the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner of the video to access the video bookmarks listed below.
- 4:18 - Poll question #1 Who is in the audience?
- 5:07 - I Can Statements
- 5:44 - UDL Definition
- 6:31 - The Goal of UDL and Expert Learners
- 7:25 - Specially Designed Instruction
- 8:39 - Adapting Content
- 10:05 - Methodology
- 11:05 - Delivery of Instruction
- 11:45 - Poll question #2 Your learning so far?
- 13:57 - Why both
- 14:08 - Building Independence
- 16:39 - Planning Conversation
- 23:29 - Question - My biggest learning today?
- 25:10 - Chocolate covered cherry
- 25:57 - #UDLchat
- 26:27 - OCALICON 2018
- 26:38 - AT Vendor Fair
Evidence Based Practices:
- National Professional Development Center on Autism Spectrum Disorder (NPDC)
- Evidence Based Practices and Evidence Based Predictors for Adult Success
- Innovation Configurations
- High-Leverage Practices in Special Education
(3) Specially designed instruction means adapting, as appropriate to the needs of an eligible child under this part, the content, methodology, or delivery of instruction--
(i) To address the unique needs of the child that result from the child's disability; and
(ii) To ensure access of the child to the general curriculum, so that the child can meet the educational standards within the jurisdiction of the public agency that apply to all children.
IDEA Sec. 300.39