Weaving the UDL Framework with Specially Designed Instruction: A Beautiful Tapestry
Video: Weaving the UDL Framework with Specially Designed Instruction: A Beautiful Tapestry
Specially Designed Instruction, Accommodation Or Modification [DOC]
Jump In Points:
- 4:18 - Poll question #1 Who is in the audience?
- 5:07 - I Can Statements
- 5:44 - UDL Definition
- 6:31 - The Goal of UDL and Expert Learners
- 7:25 - Specially Designed Instruction
- 8:39 - Adapting Content
- 10:05 - Methodology
- 11:05 - Delivery of Instruction
- 11:45 - Poll question #2 Your learning so far?
- 13:57 - Why both
- 14:08 - Building Independence
- 16:39 - Planning Conversation
- 23:29 - Question - My biggest learning today?
- 25:10 - Chocolate covered cherry
- 25:57 - #UDLchat
- 26:27 - OCALICON 2018
- 26:38 - AT Vendor Fair
Why Designing for Disability Leads to Better Outcomes for Everyone (Video)
Evidence Based Practices:
- National Professional Development Center on Autism Spectrum Disorder (NPDC)
- Evidence Based Practices and Evidence Based Predictors for Adult Success
- Innovation Configurations
- High-Leverage Practices in Special Education
Assistive Technology Resources and Training Modules
(3) Specially designed instruction means adapting, as appropriate to the needs of an eligible child under this part, the content, methodology, or delivery of instruction--
(i) To address the unique needs of the child that result from the child's disability; and
(ii) To ensure access of the child to the general curriculum, so that the child can meet the educational standards within the jurisdiction of the public agency that apply to all children.
IDEA Sec. 300.39