How can Universal Design for Learning Revive Our Family Engagement?
In this webinar the presenters will share the basic concepts of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) and offer ideas for using multiple means of engagement, representation and expression to give us fresh perspectives on the opportunities schools create for families to support student learning.
Click the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner of the video to access the video bookmarks listed below.
- 1:25 - Goal and I Can Statements
- 2:12 - First few questions
- 4:24 - Family Engagement Defined
- 6:02 - UDL Guildlines
- 7:03 - UDL Principles broken down
- 7:48 - UDL for Family Engagement
- 13:00 - Apply ideas
- 13:48 - Design Challenge/Transition Planning
- 17:02 - Goal for the student
- 18:20 - The why for the event
- 18:26 - Goal for the family
- 20:00 - Barriers
- 22:00 - Motivate families to attend
- 23:57 - Communicate in the High School
- 25:36 - Next Webinar
- 25:50 - #UDLchat details
- 26:11 - OSU Family Engagement Website