The Marriage of UDL and PBIS: A Framework to Support the Whole Child
Participants will be able to identify how Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) and Universal Design for Learning (UDL) complement one another and provide a systematic framework that supports the whole child. Participants will be able to identify how the UDL guidelines and the components of PBIS are more similar than different and support educators in their efforts to be intentional when striving to meet the needs of each and every learner.
Jump In Points:
- 1:15 - Painting the picture
- 2:33 - Who are UDL and PBIS?
- 3:41 - UDL defined
- 5:34 - Let’s meet UDL
- 7:35 - Let’s meet Positive Behavior Interventions and Support (PBIS)
- 8:57 - The TRIANGLE
- 11:01 - The big why
- 12:32 - Poll question
- 14:26 - The relationship - 3 key connections
- 24:10 - Speak now or forever hold your peace
- 25:55 - Integrated system
- 26:44 - #UDLchat information