User Interface Designer
OCALI is a global leader in creating and connecting resources and relationships to ensure that people with disabilities have the opportunity to live their best lives for their whole lives. We’re growing and our in-house development team is seeking a full-time, experienced User Interface Designer. As a creative and collaborative team, we’re looking for someone to partner with us to pioneer the continued design and development of high-quality, innovative web projects. If you’re someone who’s quick to learn and solve problems and willing to think big and outside of the box, this could be the opportunity for you.
Because we want to provide the best to those we serve, it is important that each one of us is at our best. This starts by creating a positive work environment where people are engaged, supported, trusted, and celebrated. Several years ago, we adopted the PLUS model—Practice What We Preach, Leading with Purpose, Understanding Others, and Solution Oriented—which sets the tone for OCALI’s culture. We embrace the importance of work-life balance and promote a spirit of creativity and innovation across the organization. But, the best thing about working here is serving with others who share a single mission to promote access and inspire change for people with disabilities.
Applicants should have ample experience and skills in the following areas:
- Ability to manage web content creatively and with an eye for detail
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Ability to keep timelines and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong web design skills and a thorough understanding of user interface design for responsive websites
- UX research skills (ability to identify user requirements of the project prior to the user interface design)
- Strong typography skills, creative thinking, and attention to detail
- Understanding of or commitment to learn accessible design practices
- Highly motivated, can independently manage multiple projects according to established timelines, takes initiative
- Experience with design and prototyping tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Figma, InVision
- Understanding of HTML, CSS, and Bootstrap (ability to code is not required)
- Familiarity with Apple products and tools
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
Designing, prototyping, and testing UI elements across sites developed and hosted by OCALI, including e-learning systems, content management systems, and survey and assessment systems.
Commensurate with experience and in accordance with specified salary schedule plus benefits including: Health/Dental/Vision and SERS
Lead Web Developer, and ultimately to the Senior Director, Integrated Solutions and Project Management, OCALI
This position is on-site at the OCALI offices located at 470 Glenmont Avenue, Columbus, Ohio.
Please submit the following to Patricia Klier, Project Manager: email@example.com
- Please send a link to a portfolio showing relevant samples of work
Your information will be reviewed, and you may be asked to submit other project samples.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an organization that believes all people with disabilities deserve to have the opportunity to live their best lives for their whole lives, OCALI is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment for all. Our staff and the people we serve represent a wide range of disabilities, ages, races, backgrounds, and experiences, and we value and celebrate the uniqueness and contributions that each person brings to our organization. Together, we strive to lead by example and demonstrate respect and care for one another. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (614) 401-4299