Transition to Adulthood Consultant
Position Type: COG non-teacher/non-administrator
Posting Date: May 24, 2021
Closing Date: September 30, 2021
OCALI is a recognized global leader in creating and connecting resources and relationships to inspire change and promote access to opportunities for people with disabilities. OCALI informs public policy and develops and deploys practices grounded in linking research to real life. Our Lifespan Transitions Center works to equip communities to support the successful and unique transition of individuals with autism and multiple disabilities to ensure they can live their best lives for their whole lives. We do this by being agency-neutral, outcome-focused, and person-centered in offering resources, training, and technical assistance to create successful support systems that incorporate community living and employment.
We are seeking a full-time, experienced Transition to Adulthood Consultant. Essential to this position is the belief that all people can contribute, that youth with disabilities belong in the community and workforce and have the right to engage in opportunities to create a meaningful life.
Applicants should have ample experience and skills in the following areas:
- Knowledge of:
- Evidence Based transition practices and required education transition processes
- Employment First Multi-agency Planning and Multi-Agency Collaboration
- Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities transition services and Pre-ETS
- Ohio’s CBDD system, including County Board of Developmental Disabilities Schools
- Virtual platforms and tools (Zoom, Team, Google Tools)
- Able to engage with/facilitate multi-agency teams
- Able to write/edit website content, new products, learning modules.
- Work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in Central office and remotely
- Positive view of families and their role in the secondary transition planning process
- Promotes and assumes all individuals with disabilities are capable of competitive, integrated employment
- Full time position, however, flexibility is possible for the right candidate.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- The Transition to Adulthood Consultant will participate meaningfully (engage in discussion, problem-solving, locating and development of resources) in state, regional and/or county-based meetings and activities that impact the development of transition services, practices, and policies to support the transition to adulthood.
- Support and sustain the current projects and initiatives of the Lifespan Transition Center as well as participate in project planning and development of future opportunities.
- Other duties may be reasonably required from time and time.
Commensurate with experience and in accordance with specified salary schedule plus benefits including: Health/Dental/Vision and SERS
Program Director Lifespan Transition Center