Project Manager, Center for the Young Child
Are you looking for more than just a job? Are you hoping to find a career where you can grow professionally and impact change for families and young children? OCALI is the place for you!
OCALI is a recognized global leader in creating and connecting resources and relationships to ensure that people with disabilities have the opportunity to live their best lives for their whole lives. OCALI inspires change and promotes access to opportunities for people with disabilities. OCALI informs public policy and develops and deploys practices grounded in linking research to real life. OCALI’s Center for the Young Child (CYC) is seeking a Project Manager who can balance multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced collaborative environment, working with a skilled group of professionals
This position works primarily on early childhood initiatives that require extensive project management experience. Daily requirements of the job will vary widely; for example, ensuring adherence to timelines and deliverables, coordinating statewide dissemination of materials and equipment, writing copy and designing graphics for a project overview document, following up on requests to use proprietary content, reviewing and providing feedback on a video module, drafting a monthly funders report, and tracking the status of content to be loaded onto a website.
- Strong ability to prioritize between multiple and changing daily tasks, while effectively managing short, mid- and long-term projects and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrates accuracy, responsiveness, and excellent communication with internal and external customers.
- Proven ability to perform tasks both independently and as part of a diverse team, take initiative, and exercise solid judgment.
- Mindset to approach situations and challenges with flexibility while maintaining a positive outlook.
- Experience and proficiency with technology applications (including but not limited to: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, etc.), project management systems, and online environments.
- Willingness to learn new technologies ranging from project management software to video and audio editing tools.
- Manage data effectively and perform basic computations using tools such as Excel/numbers.
- Bachelor’s degree in related fields, or comparable experience, required. Professional certification such as PMP (Project Management Professional), preferred.
- Complies with the ESCCO requirements for hire including background check.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Successfully manage special projects independently and collaboratively with Program Director and CYC team members.
- Work collaboratively across and within the CYC, and the Integrated Solutions Team and Tech Teams to deliver on organizational priorities.
- Track, document, and communicate proactively on status of projects; identify and surface potential issues; creatively problem-solve as needed.
- Provide graphic design, copywriting, and copyediting support across a range of projects.
- Explore and develop creative approaches for promoting resources and communicating about projects within OCALI and with external stakeholders.
- Work with CYC Project Leads on communications with and reporting to funders on select contracts.
- Support organizational commitment to develop accessible materials and provide an accessible environment and experiences for our staff and partners.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
OCALI offers excellent benefits and retirement packages, including eligibility in SERS or STERS, as well as access to:
- A mission-driven, innovative, and growing team
- Health and vision insurance
- Paid time off and generous holiday schedule
- Flexible and fast-paced work environment
- Professional learning opportunities
- Salary is commensurate with experience and in accordance with specified salary schedule
Report directly to the Program Director, Center for the Young Child.
Please complete the employment application through the www.escco.org.