Online Professional Development Specialist
OCALI is recognized as a global leader in creating and connecting resources and relationships to ensure that people with disabilities live their best lives for their whole lives. OCALI is a trusted source of high-quality information, facilitation, coaching, professional development, and technical assistance to ensure families, educators, and service providers are equipped to effectively care for, support, educate, employ, or work with individuals with disabilities.
We are seeking to hire an Online Professional Development Specialist with expertise in designing, developing, and managing online professional development content for those who support, instruct, work with, or live with someone with autism and those implementing evidence-based practices related to autism and positive behavioral supports.
This position will work primarily on client-based projects that require creative, integrated solutions. OCALI offers a competitive salary, benefits, and retirement package.
- Self-directed professional with proven experience and strong ability to prioritize between multiple and changing daily tasks while effectively managing short, mid-, and long-term projects and meeting deadlines.
- An effective team member who can work collaboratively (internally and externally) with a variety of people and organizations, both public and private, and who values the success of the overall group.
- A mindset to approach situations and challenges with flexibility while maintaining a positive outlook and focus on the organization’s mission.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new tools and technologies.
- Experience with instructional design for online training and product development from initial concept to release.
- Experience authoring content and revising content from SMEs in the areas of evidence-based practices, autism, and positive behavioral supports.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrates ability to communicate professionally and effectively with internal teams, external partners, and/or customers.
- Experience and proficiency with technology applications (including but not limited to: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, search engines, webinars, etc.) and online environments.
- An Ohio teaching license or other certification.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with underlying characteristics of autism and evidence-based practices for children and young adults with autism spectrum disorder or related developmental disabilities.
- Knowledge of and experience with Ohio’s statewide systems and educational environments, including frameworks such as Ohio’s Whole Child Framework and Ohio’s Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports (PBIS).
- Multi-media experience such as webinars, podcasts, video production, etc.
- Familiar with accessibility guidelines for online resources and professional development.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Manage online resources and professional development for the Autism Center and other strategic organizational projects, including researching the topic, writing content, designing and/or developing supporting materials, and working with SMEs to create new or update existing content.
- Scope, plan, manage, and assess projects across a full life cycle; track, document, and communicate proactively on status of projects; identify and surface potential issues; and creatively problem-solve as needed.
- Balance time across multiple projects and take direction from multiple project leads.
- Collaborate with OCALI’s creative and technical services from initial concept to release of resources and professional development.
- Review program evaluations, test results, and participant feedback on training effectiveness to make recommendations for program improvement.
- Maintain current knowledge of evolving evidence-based practices and promising practices for children and young adults with autism and related developmental disabilities.
- Collaborate with state partners and stakeholders to ensure a connected network for planning and delivering resources in a coordinated and meaningful way with a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrate accuracy, responsiveness, and excellent communication when participating in meetings and trainings, as well as responding to emails and other written correspondence from stakeholders.
- Support organizational commitment to develop accessible materials and provide an accessible environment and experiences for our staff and partners.
- Complete other duties as assigned by Autism Center Program Director and/or Senior Director, Integrated Solutions and Project Management.
Autism Center Program Director
Please complete the employment application through the www.escco.org.