Multi-System Youth and Family Regional Coach
Looking for a way to make an impact in the lives of young people, while growing a rewarding career with a fun, fast-paced organization? OCALI is hiring professionals with a passion for making a difference for unique positions as Multi-System Youth and Family Regional Coaches. These Regional Coaches will work with youth with complex needs (MI/IDD) and their families in their homes. As a Regional Coach, you will help assess the root cause of the youth’s challenging behaviors in order to identify proactive positive strategies. You will then support families in accessing resources and implementing the strategies, while assisting youth in learning and using new skills. Regional Coaches will be the hands-on support for the family as well as a professional partner with the various agencies and professionals that work with the youth and their families. Regional Coaches will have the necessary support, training, and collaborative engagement to prepare them to respond to family needs while growing professionally in their position through the OCALI Regional Coach Network.
- Degree or license in a social service field such as social work, nursing, psychology, or behavioral health.
- Ability to travel regionally in the state and conduct in-home sessions with families and youth
- Experience organizing, conducting and participating in virtual meetings
- Familiar with the Ohio State Agencies and organizations serving youth with MI/IDD
- Experience supporting youth with Mental Illness and Intellectual & Developmental Disability (MI/IDD) and their families
- Excellent rapport with families of youth with disabilities
- Aware of and practice Trauma–informed care
- Possess a basic understanding of Ohio’s system of support for youth with complex needs and their families.
- Experience with technology and ability to engage in virtual platforms preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Familiar with evidence-based strategies and practices that address the root causes of challenging behaviors and provide positive behavioral support.
- Awareness of how a youth and family’s home language, culture, strengths, needs, preferences, medical history, and environmental influences impact and shape how a youth develops and changes over time
Salary: Commensurate with experience and in accordance to with specified salary schedule.
Reports to: Co-Directors of the Multi-System Navigation Center.
Please complete the employment application through the www.escco.org.