Early Childhood Consultant
OCALI is a trusted source of high-quality information, facilitation, coaching, professional development and technical assistance to ensure families, educators, and service providers are equipped to effectively care for, support, educate, employ or work with individuals with disabilities.
The Center for the Young Child at OCALI aims to work across all centers at OCALI by:
- taking part in research, informing policy, and disseminating evidence-based practices for young children and families throughout Ohio
- ensuring that early childhood is woven throughout OCALI’s work,?and
- offering our integrated resources to strengthen early childhood initiatives across the state and nationally
- Thorough working knowledge and experience with IDEA Part C Early Intervention services, including current 5-year Developmental Specialist certification or related professional training with ability to obtain the five-year DS certification through Ohio Dept of Developmental Disabilities
- Experience in early childhood education (ages 3-5) and IDEA Part B preschool special education services.
- Experience coaching or mentoring professionals and families
- Experience teaching (supporting) young children with diverse learning needs, including writing and implementing Individual Family Service Plans (IFSPs) and/or Individualized Education Plans (IEPs)
- Flexibility of schedule to travel frequently and independently within the state for meetings, consultations, and professional development when needed
- Polished and well-spoken facilitator, with the ability to conduct trainings and professional development opportunities for early childhood professionals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Demonstrates ability to communicate professionally and effectively with internal teams, external partners, and/or customers.
- Ability to host virtual meetings and conduct virtual trainings.
- Innovative thinker, strong initiative, driven to complete projects, and ability to leverage resources while maintaining focus on the organization’s mission.
- Proven experience and ability to coordinate projects, adhere to timelines, meet deadlines, and complete activities as planned.
- An effective team member who can work collaboratively, internally and externally, with a variety of people and organizations, both public and private, to address the needs of families and young children.
- Experience and proficiency with technology applications (including but not limited to: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, search engines, webinars, etc.) and online environm
- Experience with child care and other health, social, behavioral and/or education services and organizations for young children and families.
- Extensive knowledge of, and experience with, evidence-based practices for young children with autism spectrum disorders or related developmental disabilities.
Responsiblities and Essential Functions:
- Provides coaching, mentoring and other professional development related to early intervention and the use of evidence-based practices in Early Intervention (IDEA Part C) services.
- Consults with and provides technical assistance and mentoring to professionals related to cross-sector, inclusive early care and education.
- Coordinates contract and grant activities, including but not limited to, development and implementation of activities and training and communicating and reporting to funding agencies.
- Collaborates with state partners to ensure a connected network for planning and delivering resources that benefit young children and families in a coordinated way.
- Engages in development of training products, both online and face-to-face, and other resources, both digital and in print, for families of children with autism.
- Demonstrates accuracy, responsiveness, and excellent communication when fielding OCALI phone calls, participating in meetings and trainings, and responding to emails and other written correspondence from families and service providers.
- Through organization, phone and email correspondence, provides information, technical assistance, and support to families of children with autism.
- Completes other duties as assigned by Center for the Young Child Program Director.
Commensurate with experience and in accordance with specified salary schedule plus benefits including: Health/Dental/Vision and SERS
Program Director, Center for the Young Child, OCALI
Please complete the employment application through the www.escco.org.