OCALI Family Favorites
From My Perspective
OCALI Family Center’s weekly podcast
Hear from people with disabilities, their families, friends, coworkers and neighbors. You’ll hear about everyday life, passions, interests, opinions. You’ll be inspired, you’ll laugh, you’ll cry (or at least we did), but more importantly you’ll better understand what life is like…from our perspective. Click here for transcript.
Here you'll find what OCALI staff and Advisory Board members are reading, watching and listening to, and what they have to say on a number of topics.
Staff Picks Featuring Chloe Rothschild
Chloe Rothschild serves on the Ocali Advisory Board, and is a self advocate and young adult with Autism. Two of Chloe’s top picks are anything on Interoception ( its interesting and in my opinion helps explain so much). And Special Books by Special Kids. She has loved watching these videos and recently met and was interviewed by Mr. Chris.
"Top 10" List for Families
The top 10 most popular books requested by families in the free Lending Library.
- Autism: Now What? The Primer for Parents
by Abby Ward Collins
- Complete Guide to Asperger’s Syndrome
by Tony Attwood
- The Oasis Guide to Asperger Syndrome: Advice, Support, Insights, and Inspiration
by Patricia Rownaowski Bashe
- Sleep Well on the Autism Spectrum: How to Recognise Common Sleep Difficulties
by Kenneth J. Aitken
- Asperger Syndrome and Social Relationships: Adults Speak Out About Asperger Syndrome
by Genevieve Edmonds
- I Have Autism: A Child’s First Look at Autism
by Pat Crissey
- It’s Not a Perfect World, But I’ll Take It
by Jennifer Rose
- Delicate Threads: Friendships Between Children with and Without Special Needs in Inclusive Settings
by Debbie Staub
- Thinking in Pictures: And Other Reports from My Life with Autism
by Temple Grandin
- Nobody Nowhere: The Extraordinary Autobiography of an Autistic
by Donna Williams