- Adult Outcomes as the Focus of Educational Programs
- Authentic Community-Based Experiences
- Communication and Socialization
- Executive Function and Organization
- Agency Collaboration and Funding
- Activities or Interventions to Facilitate School-Age Programming for Transition
In this volume, School Age Programming to Prepare for Transition to Adulthood, the user will take a close look at important elements
of educational programming for transition- age youth and the implications for students with autism spectrum disorders (ASD). While academic achievement is a required area of focus of an educational program, other areas of skill development that must be considered as well in order for students to achieve a successful adult life. For students with ASD, this includes issues such as social competency and life skills development.
The goal of this guide is to assist the team to understand these issues, to offer strategies and to suggest additional resources that can enhance the development of a secondary education program that prepares the student for a successful adult life.